Thanks for visiting! Here's a spot where you'll be able to find more information about the "technicalities" of the Reading Program, Middle School English Enrichment class, the Destination Imagination program, and the Senior Class events. Please browse through the information below and let me know if you have any questions!!
Also, here you can link to the list of AR books we currently have in the library! Just click the link below and you will be able to search the library's shelves via the internet!! This is a great way to help your child find books that are just right for him or her. Happy browsing!!
ELEMENTARY READING PROGRAM
The Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) are a set of standardized, individually administered measures of early literacy development. They are designed to be short (one minute) fluency measures used to regularly monitor the development of pre-reading and early reading skills.
The measures were developed upon the essential early literacy domains discussed in both the National Reading Panel (2000) and National Research Council (1998) reports to assess student development of phonological awareness, alphabetic understanding, and automaticity and fluency with the code. Each measure has been thoroughly researched and demonstrated to be reliable and valid indicators of early literacy development and predictive of later reading proficiency to aid in the early identification of students who are not progressing as expected. When used as recommended, the results can be used to evaluate individual student development as well as provide grade-level feedback toward validated instructional objectives.
This link will take you to the DIBELS webpage where you can find out more about this part of our Reading Program.
QRI-4 (Qualitative Reading Inventory, Fourth Edition)
The QRI-4 is an individually-administered, informal reading inventory designed to provide diagnostic information about how students read. It has long led the field in providing reliable assessments of student's reading abilities from the preprimer to the high school level.
Fluency Probes and Student Progress Monitoring Charts
Grade Level Benchmarks
MIDDLE SCHOOL ENGLISH ENRICHMENT
• Destination ImagiNation is a creative problem solving program for participants from elementary through college levels.
• The Destination ImagiNation Program provides a fresh and exciting offering of Team Challenges and Instant Challenges each academic year. Five competitive Team Challenges and one non-competitive Rising Stars! Team Challenge (for 7-9 year olds) are offered. A community enriching program, projectOUTREACH® is also part of the DI program.
• Destination ImagiNation incorporates a specific creative problem solving
process and tools into its training and the Challenges.
During the Month of September:
- The class will be providing the first HOT LUNCH of the year: NEXT WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23!!! Students in charge of organizing this event are Ana and Hye Young.
- The Senior Parent Meeting, held with administration and class advisors, will be: SEPTEMBER 24 at 7pm. Attendance is REQUIRED.
- Tuesday, Septmeber 29: Secondary Picture Day